Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Project Ideas for Elementary Students that Align to Common Core Language Arts

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

A great way to engage students is with collaborative projects that align to Common Core standards. In this webinar, Erin Klein shares a few projects she did with her second grade class to dig deeper into the Common Core. Understanding the need to bring students to a higher level and encourage critical thinking while still maintaining a stress-free, fun environment, Klein offers strategies to achieve this workshop model. As a member of The National Writing Project, Klein emphasizes the importance of writing as a process and stresses the importance of collaboration. You'll see two writers' workshop projects her class published while they worked together to support each others' learning.

Details

Subject: Language Arts
Last aired on: Thursday, June 13, 2013 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: College & Career Readiness, Common Core, Communication & Collaboration, Reading & Writing, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: aligned content, CCSS, collaboration, Common Core State Standards, curriculum, elementary, language arts, writing

Reviews (42)

Basic Member

Great information, great ideas for teaching Non Fiction Units!

+9

Awesome presentation!
Basic Member
+6

Great ideas. Thank You.
Basic Member
+2

Lots of great ideas, strategies, and resources that I can use with my students right away. The presentation was engaging, well-organized, and relevant to my needs. Thanks!
+7

Great ideas, thank you.
Basic Member
+2

Very practical strategies and great examples of writing projects. I gleaned much from this webinar.
+5

Even though I teach secondary, this webinar gave me some good ideas for my classes.
Basic Member

Great ideas that I can start on immediately in,classroom!

Erin always has great insights and easily used strategies you can use immediately!
+10

Great info.
more reviews ...