Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Project Ideas for Elementary Students that Align to Common Core Language Arts

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

A great way to engage students is with collaborative projects that align to Common Core standards. In this webinar, Erin Klein shares a few projects she did with her second grade class to dig deeper into the Common Core. Understanding the need to bring students to a higher level and encourage critical thinking while still maintaining a stress-free, fun environment, Klein offers strategies to achieve this workshop model. As a member of The National Writing Project, Klein emphasizes the importance of writing as a process and stresses the importance of collaboration. You'll see two writers' workshop projects her class published while they worked together to support each others' learning.

Subject: Language Arts
Last aired on: Thursday, June 13, 2013 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: College & Career Readiness, Common Core, Communication & Collaboration, Reading & Writing, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: aligned content, CCSS, collaboration, Common Core State Standards, curriculum, elementary, language arts, writing

Reviews (42)

Great information, great ideas for teaching Non Fiction Units!

Awesome presentation!
Basic Member
Great ideas. Thank You.
Basic Member
Lots of great ideas, strategies, and resources that I can use with my students right away. The presentation was engaging, well-organized, and relevant to my needs. Thanks!
Great ideas, thank you.
Basic Member
Very practical strategies and great examples of writing projects. I gleaned much from this webinar.
Even though I teach secondary, this webinar gave me some good ideas for my classes.
Basic Member
Great ideas that I can start on immediately in,classroom!
Erin always has great insights and easily used strategies you can use immediately!
Great info.
more reviews ...