Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Creating Book Trailers with Younger Students

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Would you like your elementary students to move beyond the standard book report? Book trailers can be a great way for students to demonstrate their understanding of a book. This webinar will cover the necessary organization, planning, and storyboarding, as well as some of the easier Web tools that can be used to create a book trailer. Angie Oliverson will demonstrate how to use one of these tools, Photostory, to create a book trailer and will share examples of both student and teacher-created work.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Tuesday, August 7, 2012 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Media, Digital Storytelling, Reading & Writing, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: book trailer, DOLaug07 , elementary classroom, photostory, reading, reading comprehension

Reviews (21)

Looking forward to trying this with my book club group.

Great webinar!
Basic Member
+5

I love this idea. Students won't even realize they are doing an assignment.

Good ideas. Thanks for sharing!
+6

Always good to have someone willing to share the list of tools that can be used. Though I woudn't choose photostory for MY book trailer, watching you compose a story there at least helps guide my thinking.
Basic Member
+2

Some interesting ideas and resources. Thank you.
+8

Great resource for librarians and English teachers.
Basic Member
+6

Such a great idea to keep kids practicing listening, speaking, reading and writing!
+8

Interesting!

AWESOME Angie! Just watched your presentation. Great information/resources. I am planning on having my students make book trailers in Summer School. I am excited to start this project! I am hoping the book trailers will inspire my kiddos to read!
more reviews ...