Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Creating Book Trailers with Younger Students

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Would you like your elementary students to move beyond the standard book report? Book trailers can be a great way for students to demonstrate their understanding of a book. This webinar will cover the necessary organization, planning, and storyboarding, as well as some of the easier Web tools that can be used to create a book trailer. Angie Oliverson will demonstrate how to use one of these tools, Photostory, to create a book trailer and will share examples of both student and teacher-created work.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Tuesday, August 7, 2012 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Media, Digital Storytelling, Reading & Writing, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: book trailer, DOLaug07 , elementary classroom, photostory, reading, reading comprehension

Reviews (23)

A fun way to get students interested in books!
Basic Member

Great ideas for creating book trailers.

Looking forward to trying this with my book club group.
Basic Member

Great webinar!
Basic Member
+5

I love this idea. Students won't even realize they are doing an assignment.
Basic Member

Good ideas. Thanks for sharing!
Basic Member
+6

Always good to have someone willing to share the list of tools that can be used. Though I woudn't choose photostory for MY book trailer, watching you compose a story there at least helps guide my thinking.
Basic Member
+2

Some interesting ideas and resources. Thank you.
+8

Great resource for librarians and English teachers.
Basic Member
+6

Such a great idea to keep kids practicing listening, speaking, reading and writing!
more reviews ...