Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Tell an Interactive Story with Timelines

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

Timelines can be more than a line of dates - they can tell a story! This webinar will explore how you or your students can use two free Web tools to create timelines that tell stories that include dates, events, and entries that indicate their importance. Melissa Edwards will share examples of timelines and show how these online timeline creators can help students and teachers create, compare, and view interactive timelines. Organization of ideas and information leads to better understanding, comprehension, and learning.

Subject: Art and Design
Last aired on: Saturday, November 1, 2014 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Storytelling, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: digital storytelling, sharing, story telling, timeline creators, timelines, tools for student projects

Reviews (41)

Thanks Melissa. Good information.
My students will be making personal history timelines for Open House this year. I loved all the creative ways that Melissa shared to get students engaged and thinking about timelines. I think we will explore some of her digital suggestions and see what we can make! Thanks!
I think the webinar was interesting as a telling a story project. It is a unique way to break down a plot line. The ReadWriteThink Timeline tool is very limiting. We've tried this at our school in the past but students are limited to graphics that are only available as a saved file in the computer (which means no graphics). They are better off using Microsoft word and inserting clipart that comes preloaded or, better yet, have them create their own drawings. I've never used Timetoast or Symbaloo. Hopefully they will be less simplistic!
Thanks for wonderful presentation! ^^"
Basic Member
This is a really cool idea. I can see many students being interested in doing projects and assignment this way.
Basic Member
Interesting presentation!
I have always liked using Read,Write, Think. I'm interested in trying Linoit.
Basic Member
Love, love the Fakebook idea. I'm going to work with the classroom teacher to have the kids do their people reports about the Revolutionary War as Fakebook pages.
Basic Member
What a impactful way to make student thinking visible!
Basic Member
Melissa did a nice job explaining timeline creations that can be done in many different ways. She gave web tools for students to use to tell their stories.
more reviews ...