Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Teaching with Poverty: The Impact and Strategies

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

Poverty impacts over 46 million people in this country, and is more than just an economic and social problem. The impact of poverty on education can be tremendous. This webinar, which is based on many of the concepts in Eric Jensen's book Teaching with Poverty in Mind, will address how poverty impacts students within our classrooms. Join Matt Bergmann as he explores strategies that can be used to enhance student learning and counteract the effects of poverty, with a focus on vocabulary development.

Subject: General
Last aired on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Learning Theories & Strategies, Reading & Writing, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: at-risk, poverty, reading, response to intervention, RTI, vocabulary, writing

Reviews (50)

Very enlightening, thanks!
Great webinar, thank you!
I thought the webinar was very helpful. It gave great techniques.
Loved all of the ideas!
Thank you for a wonderful presentation.
Always great to have updated info on this important topic. Every educator, no matter content area, should review this topic periodically; if for no other reason but to remind us what goes on behind the scenes in some of out students' lives.
Wow! I learned a lot of new information. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you.
Great information. Thank you for presenting on a very pertinent topic on something I need to learn more about. Great strategies. Thank you.
Great Presentation! Another super conversation on Gamifying the classroom for the kids.
more reviews ...