Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Innovative Professional Development - Host a "FedEx" Day!

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Providing teachers with autonomy in their learning during professional development and in-service days is proving to be a successful strategy for today's school leaders. Using the models of Atlassian's "FedEx Days," Google's 20% time, and the "unconference" model inspired by Edcamps, school leaders can promote autonomy among their teachers with substantial learning outcomes. Learn how easy it is to design and implement this type of professional development day in your school. Join Lyn Hilt as she shares examples from schools that have successfully enjoyed these days of learning.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Administrator Resources, Personal Enrichment
Tags: Administrator Resources, edcamps, in-service days, Professional development, staff development, unconferences

Reviews (11)

+3

Great introduction to professional development and insights on teacher perspectives of PD..."Flipped Faculty Meetings and Fed-Ex days sound like a great idea and fresh approach to infusing some new energy into PD...thanks for a great webinar!
Basic Member
+2

Great webinar! So many useful resources.
+10

Outstanding webinar.
+10

Great!
+8

Love it!
+6

It would be great to have a principal who actually trusted teachers to use the time and took the responsibility to redirect those who didn't. PD would be so much more useful for all involved.
Basic Member

Lyn has really good info! I can relate to her enthusiasm!
Basic Member

This was really wonderful. Please know that presented a whole new 'shift' in the PDP thinking that is practiced in my district. I am so grateful for your expertise and I will probably review this video again, as there were so many nuggets of truth and information.
+3

There are lots of great ideas in this webinar! Thanks!
Basic Member
+9

Lyn always gives great webinars. I've been wanting to go this directions with PD and it was great to get some ideas on how to do it. I'll be looking for Daniel Pink's book as well!
more reviews ...