Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

iPhoneography for the Classroom

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Today's mobile devices have cameras that rival the image quality of more expensive traditional cameras. Amid concerns about copyright and digital citizenship, students can use these devices to capture their own images for presentations and digital story telling projects. In this presentation, you will learn about a variety of apps for capturing, editing, and sharing photos taken with a mobile device, as well as tips and tricks for improving the quality of your mobile photography. Join Dr. Luis Perez, a legally blind photographer, as he shares his own personal workflow for processing each image he takes with his iPhone, with before and after examples from his personal portfolio. Classroom applications for mobile photography will also be discussed.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Saturday, February 8, 2014 @ 3:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Media, Digital Storytelling, Mobile Learning, Personal Enrichment, Special Education
Tags: digital storytelling, image editing, images, iPhones, mobile learning, photography, photos, sharing photos

Reviews (31)

Well done, and so apropos.
Basic Member
+5

Wonderful ideas for engaging students. Thanks!
Basic Member

The audio was AWFUL!!! You can't really hear much of anything he says.
+7

Great ideas and another reason phones should be used in schools for the benefit of students.
+2

Fantastic! I LOVE that this is solely through the use of a mobile device without ever having to go back to the PC/Mac! SO many students have these tools and therefore the cost does not need to come from our limited budgets. The quick reference of apps but limited apps is priceless! I would love to be able to purchase a set of class lenses! I love the idea of having students use the "grid" to learn the rule of thirds and to take straight intentional photos! I also found it interesting that Luis is visually impaired and using the phone camera as his main source vs the traditional camera...this is a perfect correlation for a specific student I have! I cant wait to try this in the classroom!
Basic Member
+2

Thank you for all the great resources.
Basic Member
+1

Great info. can't wait to try these.
+4

Great information-Thank you!
+9

This is one of the best webinars I have seen. I am saving up for the lens that you told us about and I will use your tips for incorporating the camera into my students assignments.
Basic Member
+7

A great webinar with good tips for taking better photos with an iPhone camera....plus some good ideas for student learning activities using photos and iPhone photography. This is an interesting topic...I want to learn more about this!
more reviews ...