Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Creative Commons: Creating Better Digital Citizens

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Being a good digital citizen is important, but all too often when students find pictures or other works online, they fail to understand what they can re-use and what they can't. This webinar takes a brief look at Creative Commons licensing and why it's important for students to understand it. Jerry Swiatek also discusses how to determine if something is available under Creative Commons and then explores the process of how to license something with a Creative Commons license.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Wednesday, January 8, 2014 @ 4:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Citizenship, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: CC license, copyright, Creative Commons, Digital Citizenship, JSspotlight

Reviews (39)

This should be required viewing for anyone who uses a computer or any other device. I appreciated having Jerry walk through how to actually use the websites he shared with us. Thank you.
+4

Chock full of information on copyrights and Creative Commons. Invaluable resource for me as a writing teacher. This webinar should be required for all teachers. I learned so much. Thank you!
Basic Member

Great information!

Excellent webinar. It was a very clear presentation of creative commons licensing. He also provided many useful resources to find creative commons works.

Useful and creative, thank you
+4

Well organized from start to finish.
+4

Thanks for this helpful information. I love the idea of a responsible digital citizen!

Very useful information and Creative Commons will be very useful as I instruct and model these ideas with my students.
+3

Jerry shared more details about using Creative Commons with specifics for citations for photos, music, and videos as well as text.

A lot of great info that I was very naive about.
more reviews ...