Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Creative Commons: Creating Better Digital Citizens

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Being a good digital citizen is important, but all too often when students find pictures or other works online, they fail to understand what they can re-use and what they can't. This webinar takes a brief look at Creative Commons licensing and why it's important for students to understand it. Jerry Swiatek also discusses how to determine if something is available under Creative Commons and then explores the process of how to license something with a Creative Commons license.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Thursday, January 5, 2017 @ 3:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Citizenship, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: CC license, copyright, Creative Commons, Digital Citizenship, JSspotlight

Reviews (50)

+2

Wonderful webinar on digital citizenship.

Excellent info on digital copyright law.

It is very important for our students and ourselves to make sure that we are doing the right citations. Great information! I will share it with my students.

Complicated but so very needful. Jerry did a great job simplifying it however.

Modeling is SO important, particularly with this topic. As a former librarian (and copyright advocate) I have witnessed even excellent teachers violating digital copyright laws over and over. This is a must-see webinar for all teachers, especially for those who assign or encourage digital work from their students.
+5

Very informative.
+3

Jerry is a wonderful presenter. He shared some great resources and was very helpful in explaining the different types of licenses.
+3

Great information about utilizing online images safely and appropriately! Creative Commons is a great resource and this webinar did a great job of breaking down how to best use this tool!
+1

Great presentation.

Great Resources for educators:)
more reviews ...