Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Text Messaging in the Classroom: A Powerful Instruction Tool

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

Most students love to text message - maybe too much. While many teachers see this as a distraction, why not use this familiar and appealing tool to engage your students? Join Jerry Swiatek as he discusses why text messaging can be a powerful tool for instruction and how you can use it in your classroom. He will also share classroom examples and various resources that can be used with text messaging.

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Thursday, June 4, 2015 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Mobile Learning, Tools for Student Projects, Virtual Learning
Tags: JSspotlight, Student Engagement, Text Messages, Texting

Reviews (28)

Basic Member
Thank you for a great webinar!
Jerry: thak you for another great webinar!
Basic Member
Great info. Thanks so much!
Great ideas!!! Thanks!
Basic Member
Great Webinar, especially for older grades.
Basic Member
Really liked the idea of 'going with it' instead of 'fighting it.' There is a buy in with text messaging automatically. I had heard about some of these like poll everywhere, but was especially excited about Remind and StudyBoost. Is Remind the same thing as Remind 101?
Basic Member
You presented some great ideas. My school currently doesn't let students bring their own device and I teach sixth graders, so I'm going to have to work on how I can apply it to me. I do have iPads in the classroom so I'm going to start there.
This was a great webinar. However, I am going to play with using the iPad as well. There are text messaging apps and I wonder if that would work as well. All is all it gave me some great suggestions to communicate with parents.
Great ideas!
more reviews ...