Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

What's Required for a Flipped Classroom: An Admin Point of View

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

Have you thought about trying a Flipped Classroom model at your school, but aren't sure what it would entail? The Flipped Classroom is being discussed in mainstream media, amongst teachers, and within administration. However, much of the development is focused on teacher training and not much time is given to the administrative aspects of flipping. This webinar will touch on topics like video access, the redesign instructional time, and tools a teacher can use to incorporate reading and writing strategies alongside media integration. You will also receive information on data that has been collected and a description of resources that teachers and administrators can use to incorporate the flipped classroom.

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Thursday, July 12, 2012 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Administrator Resources, Blended Learning, Differentiated Learning
Tags: adminstrator resources, DOLadminjuly12, flipped classroom, media integration

Reviews (22)

Very useful resources to get me started.
Very helpful info. It would be really nice if he had the resources that he mentioned at the end all together on a slide, but BRAVO!
Great Resource!
Thanks for all the information.
Basic Member
Brian provided excellent information and ideas for how to conduct a flipped classroom. I liked his word choice of expectations for his students instead of homework for his students. He also shared several resources to investigate. I appreciate that. Plus, Brian really has a great voice for webinars. Thank you.
Basic Member
Such a change for a traditional classroom. I appreciate that you mentioned that it must be a collaboration with students, teachers, administrators (the educational community). I like that all students worked at their own pace but had deadlines to keep the entire class together.
Basic Member
Very interesting and useful info. Thank you.
This is one that I will watch again. It was very informative.
Great presentation.
Quite interesting! I did not know just how administrators view flipped classrooms. As a classroom teacher, I was just as surprised to see the difference in the student vs. teacher impact comparison.
more reviews ...