Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

The Power of Questions: Promoting Student Inquiry and Engagement

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

How many questions do you ask each day? How many unspoken questions form in your mind each day? What does it mean to have questions? Is it okay to have questions that don't have answers? Is asking a lot of questions a good or a bad thing?

If your students are asking questions, that means they want to know more... which means they are engaged in learning, even if it does not always fit the traditional definition of, or setting for, learning. In this webinar, we will explore several Web 2.0 sites and ways in which you can tap into students' questions as a sign of curiosity and a desire to learn!

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Learning Theories & Strategies, Web Tool Overviews
Tags: active learning, DOLjune20, questions, student engagement

Reviews (16)

+7

Interesting information. Wonderopolis looks great. Thank you.
Basic Member
+2

Great activities to encourage questioning. Thanks for sharing.
Basic Member

Thanks for sharing your passion for questions! Wonderopolis is a great resource. I have a homeroom in the morning and you've inspired me to post the question of the day each morning for students to research!
Basic Member

Melissa shared great internet sites that will engage students in asking questions and becoming curious about topics that I am teaching

Very good information!
Basic Member
+8

Very nice presentation!

Love Curiosity questions in the classroom.
+2

Amazing questioning strategies. Thank you Melissa.
Basic Member
+4

Thank you for the good information.
+7

Thanks for having shown us such interesting links and interesting questions! ;) Smiles, Maria )
more reviews ...