Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Flip Your Classroom and Teach the Common Core Standards

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

Would you like to flip your instruction to create a student-centered classroom and address the Common Core Standards at the same time? In this webinar, join Catlin Tucker as she explores online resources for finding media and discusses techniques for engaging students around the content both online and in class. She will share how to pair media with online discussions, debates, virtual post-it note boards, and collaborative group work to address the Common Core State Standards.

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Saturday, January 25, 2014 @ 3:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Blended Learning, Common Core, Differentiated Learning, Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: CCSS, collaborative work, Common Core State Standards, debates, English, flipped classroom, math

Reviews (71)

Learning to use the Flipped Classroom model will enable me to bring a more engaging learning experience to my students. With my younger students I may try an in-class, flipped classroom model to provide a personalized, engaging learning experience for every student whatever their learning style, pace, or ability.
Thank You!
I love the idea of allowing students to engage in collaboration while they work at their own pace to manage the tasks in a flipped classroom. Lower level students can use this for the basics of identifying main ideas and analyzing the stories they read. It keeps them focused on the common core. An awesome presenter.
Some great ideas to assist me in flipping my classroom with resources I can access..
Very informative and helpful. Presented well.
This webinar had great ideas. Perfect for upper grade levels, 6-12.
This information was very helpful!!!
Great information. Thanks. I love the station idea and might apply it to start a flipped classroom with a group of students without internet access.
I will utilize these ideas in my classroom frequently this upcoming school year.
Good resources. Not sure about online reading at home for 3rd graders who are ESL though.
So much information.
more reviews ...