Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Common Core: Integrating Web 2.0 Technology to Teach Math Standards

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

The Common Core State Standards for math stress real-life relevance, which creates opportunities for educators to take examples from life to motivate problem solving, critical thinking, effective communication, and collaboration. Students must be able to explain their process and critique the reasoning of others. This is easier to do when students use online tools to explore and discuss mathematical concepts and demonstrate math modeling. Catlin Tucker shares how you can use Web 2.0 technology to actively engage your students and drive higher-order thinking.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Monday, July 29, 2013 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: College & Career Readiness, Common Core, Learning Theories & Strategies, STEM
Tags: CCSS, Common Core State Standards, critical thinking, higher order thinking skills, math, online tools, problem solving, STEM

Reviews (50)

Thanks Catlin. Cool math ideas!

GREAT IDEAS! THANKS!

I appreciated the connections of mathematical thinking from the elementary level to middle school and finally to the high school level. Great collaborative ideas!
+2

Great Info!
+4

Extremely good information! Thank you, Caitlin!
Basic Member
+6

Great information. Thanks for sharing.
+2

Excellent, thanks!
Basic Member
+6

Loads of great resources. I'm already familiar with the CCSS but this webinar really ties the standards to resources on how to teach them. Great job!
Basic Member
+5

Great resources. I think I am on the right track to creating higher order thinking skills in math.
+4

Great webinar
more reviews ...