Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Twitter Chats 101: How and Why You Should Participate

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Have you ever seen or heard of people taking part in chats on Twitter? Perhaps you thought Twitter was just for broadcasting messages and wondered how people can use it to chat. Join Edublogs Twitterer of the Year, Steven W. Anderson and co-creator of #edchat as he explains how Twitter chats and EdChats work, how you can participate, why you should participate in these chats, and how they can help you become a better educator. He will also share some secret tips and tricks for getting more out of chats.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Thursday, October 23, 2014 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, Social Media
Tags: Personal Learning Networks, PLNs, SAspotlight, SAspotlight619, social media, social networking, Twitter

Reviews (22)

Thank you for explaining twitter chats and how easy it is to participate. I have never participated, but now am excited to try it!

I found this webinar really helpful! I loved the resources for finding an edchat I am interested in!
+4

Great info. Thanks!

Excellent webinar. Have wanted to participate in my school district's twitter chats and wasn't sure exactly how to do it. Now I know. Thank you Steve. Very useful information.

Thank you for sharing. I was not familiar with how Twitter chats work.
Basic Member
+5

Great information!
Twitter is not longer a mystery.
Happy that I found this information.
Basic Member
+2

Great followup from the hashtag webinar. I appreciate the information and resources.
Basic Member
+5

Great info! Thanks.

It was excellent!
+10

This is an excellent follow up to hashtags. It is filled with great advice.
more reviews ...