Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Inspire Creativity and Presentation Skills with a New Kind of Puppet Show

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Remember the good old days when all you needed was an old sock to create an easy (and cheap) puppet for your very own classroom theater? Now you do not even need the sock! In this iPad session you will find out how to use a fun, free app that brings sock puppets into the 21st century! We will include some ideas for how you can use it in your classroom to inspire creativity and enhance communication and presentation skills.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 @ 3:30 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Storytelling, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: communication, creativity, digital storytelling, DOLiPadJune14 , elementary classroom, iPads, Mobile Learning, presentations, puppets

Reviews (25)

The kids love Sock Puppets. Thanks for the tip to help with backgrounds and stringing them together.

Thank you very much.
Basic Member

Thank you for sharing! I will definitely be trying this app soon.
Basic Member
+5

I love using this app. Thanks for explaining all the great ways that I can use it.
+5

Thank you! great ideas!!
+8

Wonderful presentation on Sock Puppets which includes information about mash ups, tips, and tricks. We're going to have fun with this!
Basic Member

I liked how easy this was to follow. It looks like something the students will enjoy learning through play while using. I was a bit sad that you said there was an in app purchase used. On our campus we have to pay for all iPads to be updated, so the $1 gets costly quickly. However, the FREE portion should be enough to keep up going.
Basic Member
+3

I loved this presentation. I work a lot with puppets. this year I will introduce the digital ones. thanks.
+2

Thank you so much for the resources and info! I think I might have more fun with this app than the kiddos!
Basic Member

I love that all the details (puppets, backgrounds, and other visuals) are all covered. The work of coordinating the dialogue with puppet usage is always an issue - with a sock or an app. I am sure a huge range of students would enjoy trying something like this in the classroom.
more reviews ...