Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

It's Hip to be Square; QR Codes for the Classroom

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

QR Codes are appearing everywhere. These strange looking square barcodes hold up to 4000 alpha-numeric characters, and open up a new world of interactivity and enrichment that every teacher can easily access. With mobile learning and hand-held devices becoming more prevalent in schools, now is the time to find out how to use QR codes to engage readers, excite learners and draw students into the library to learn and explore.

In this webinar, we will demonstrate how simple it is to create a QR code, and provide a variety of ways in which QR codes might be used for teaching and learning. You will walk away with many ideas for your own classroom, and strategies that enable you to use these clever little codes whatever your context, and no matter what technology you have access to.

Although not required, attendees are encouraged to bring their mobile devices for some hands-on interaction.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Thursday, June 7, 2012 @ 9:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Media, Mobile Learning, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: hand-held devices, mobile devices, Mobile Learning, QR Codes, student activities

Reviews (24)

Thanks for the info on the QR codes . Thanks for giving some background info on QR codes.
Basic Member
+1

Thanks for the info on how to create QR codes. Can't wait to try it out!
Basic Member

I appreciated the tip of using a URL shortener (e.g., bit.ly) to create a QR code that is less dense and easier to scan.
Basic Member
+1

Great tools for how to create QR codes were demonstrated.
Basic Member

Great introduction to QR codes and ways to use them in classrooms. I like how Kay walks students through how to create QR codes step by step! There was a point when the audio goes out for a few seconds. The moderator interrupts and it gets fixed quickly
Basic Member

Great basic information on QR codes.
+7

Thanks so much! This was an awesome webinar. I will be incorporating QR codes into my classes.
+5

I have learned so much about QR codes. Thanks so much!
+10

Just what need... I have many ideas for sharing what I have just learned about QR Codes. A student-team wants to lead this venture, too! Excited... Thanks!
+6

Perfect overview of how to implement QR codes in your classroom! Thanks!
more reviews ...