Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Help Students Learn Vocabulary Using a Fun, Free Tool

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

Need fun and effective ways for your students to learn vocabulary or terms? Try Quizlet! In this webinar, Shervette Miller-Payton will demonstrate how teachers can use Quizlet in class, especially on a smartboard or on a class website. Students are usually excited by Quizlet's competitive game features and teachers will love creating the automatically graded quizzes. Teachers of all subjects will enjoy this tool that makes students eager to study.

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Assessment & Review , Tools for Student Projects
Tags: assessments and reviews, graded quizzes, quizlet, review games, terms, tools for student projects., vocabulary

Reviews (31)

Great information. I loved the fact you kept it simple. You made it easy to follow and understand. Looking forward to using these sites with my students. I will take your advice and start with Quizlet.
Super...thank you!
Thank you for the additional resources. I use Vocabulary/Spelling City and love it. The children sign on with their own password and I can keep track of the progress they make.
Your webinar helped me to discover several vocabulary sites to use at the elementary level. Thanks.
Good tools to explore. Remember to check copyrights on word lists which come with curriculum. Mobile apps or "responsive" websites on smart phones would be a great way to involve parents and provide additional reinforcement.
Thank you for the very helpful resources.
Wonderful resources. Great presentation.
I use Spelling City and just recently found Quizlet. They are awesome. Is Wordia still around. I tried to find the link, but it could not work for me.
I love Spelling City and Quizlet. I haven't heard of wording before. I will check that one out. Thanks for the great information!
Basic Member
Thanks for the info on all of these free ways to teach vocabulary. I can't wait to try some of these.
more reviews ...