Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Music to My Ears! Learning with Songs

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Music appeals to students of all ages and is a great way to learn. Using a method known as Total Physical Response, students can enrich their vocabulary with the lyrics, gestures, and music. Songs can also be used to help students memorize important facts. In this presentation, join Shelly Sanchez Terrell as she shares examples of how to use songs to help your students learn in fun and engaging ways! Additionally, she will provide you with strategies for using music to support the learning of language learners.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017 @ 4:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: ESL/ELL, Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: ELL, ESL, Language Learners, memorization, music, songs, Total Physical Response

Reviews (13)

GREAT!!

Awesome websites and explanations!!!

Great websites and explanations! I'm excited to implement several in my classroom!

Great info...thanks!

Thank you.

Great...love, love using music

Being in kindergarten, I have seen how effective music can be in helping the students to learn. We use music many times throughout the day. I enjoyed this webinar. I will explore some of the websites that were shared. Thank You!

Music appeals to various learning styles! Excellent!

Music in the classroom is a very interesting topic

Great info. Thanks for sharing.
more reviews ...