Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Exploring the Role of Robotics in K-12 Education

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

Do you or your school need effective strategies to improve math and science achievement at all levels? Robots provide an excellent vehicle for sparking the imaginations of students with a wide array of interests at virtually every age. In this webinar, we will share how robots, more than any other technology, represent a kinship between the science we learn today and the technology we will create in the future. We will also show how any educational disciplines, including science, math, language, art, and more, can come together to produce modern robots. It makes the teaching of Robotics imperative in K-12 schools as part of the curriculum.

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Thursday, April 26, 2012 @ 6:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Learning Theories & Strategies, STEM, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: Instructional Theories and Learning Strategies, math, robotics, science, STEM, Tools for 21st Century Student Projects

Reviews (13)

This was very helpful as I move toward creating a Makerspace.
Great intro
We had a Robotics team at our school last year and they did very well at Districts and State. this year no one volunteered to head the group up. I plan to offer to do that next year! It looks like so much fun!
Basic Member
We have a robotics class at our school that I may have to teach next year. It seemed so foreign to me so I had a lot of reservations about being successful. Zartaj, you are WONDERFUL! Thank you for an excellent foundation. You have helped build my confidence. I hope to see more from you.
Basic Member
Thanks for your time and the information you provided.
Some great info! Thanks!
I love First Lego League! This is a great opportunity for anyone to get involved. NASA will help sponsor local teams in our area.
I will add information from this webinar to my sharing with my colleagues. Thank you so much!
Basic Member
Good information
Love it! I will share it with my science teachers at my school.
more reviews ...