Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Special Accommodations and Apps for the Visually Impaired

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

If you need to provide special accommodations for blind or visually impaired students, this webinar is for you! Join Dr. Samantha Fecich as she covers different accessibility options that are available on the iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices. She will review how to operate and activate these accommodations for students who are blind or visually impaired. In addition, she will also review some specific mobile apps for these devices and discuss how they can be used in the classroom.

Subject: Special Education
Last aired on: Monday, June 13, 2016 @ 12:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Mobile Learning, Special Education
Tags: Androids, blind, Differentiated Learning, iPad, iPads, iPod, mobile apps, mobile devices, Mobile Learning or Mobile Devices, special accomodations, Special Education, visually impaired

Reviews (14)

Great information.
Some accommodations and Apps review but many new tools to look over as well.
Informative webinar about apps for both IOS and Droid users for visually impaired. Wonderfully done!
Thank you!
accessibility tools shared that are available automatically on Droids and IOS devices. Also, several apps shared for devices to get free or with a fee. Next steps to add to this presentation or another webinar- apps or extensions for Chromebooks for the visually impaired
She was delightful! thanks for sharing all the accessibility options on the iPad and iOS devices. I knew about some of them, but it wainscot to see the others. I also loved the apps available for sight impaired students. They could also be used for students who have difficulty writing notes legibly or have slower processing times and by the time they write something down they have forgotten the content or information taught.
I will be sure to use some of these with my students who are visually impaired. Thanks for sharing this information!
Great Information!
Basic Member
Thanks for the info.
more reviews ...