Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Screencasting with Chromebooks: Make Thinking Visible and Improve Learning

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Screencasting is a powerful way to use technology to impact teaching and learning. With Chromebooks, teachers and students can easily record screencasts with a single click of a button. With screencasts, teachers can see and hear student thinking, making it easier to assess learning and adjust instruction. In addition, screencasting allows teachers to make their thinking visible for students. Join Dr. Jayme Linton to learn how to use Chromebooks for screencasting and gather ideas for making student and teacher thinking visible in order to improve learning and cultivate thinking skills.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Friday, July 7, 2017 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Media, Google Chromebooks, Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: assessing learning, learning theories, screen casting, screencasting, thinking skills, visible thinking

Reviews (24)

+8

Excellent presentation!

Great webinar. I use Screencastify but nice to know Capture Cast is also available. I will have to try it with my students

Great webinar. Several resources were presented. It would be nice to have another webinar going in to more depth on how to use the different resources. This had so much information, that it was difficult to keep up at times and process it. I will be watch it again On-Demand to catch more of it.

I loved the idea of making thinking visible. This was helpful in terms of offering an expanded approach to assessment.
Basic Member

Very useful. Already added the extensions. Now to give them a try.

Great information!
Basic Member

Good webinar, would have been nice to have more tips.

Good webinar! Would love to see more instruction on how to use each program.
Basic Member

Great webinar! Makes teachers' and students' thinking visible. I love it.

A lot of information. I will have to try it to decide.
more reviews ...