Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Google Slides: An Intro to Creating, Applying Themes, Inserting Graphics, and More

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Presentations can be a great way for teachers to share concepts and content and an effective way for students to demonstrate knowledge and collaborate with each other. Google Slides is a powerful free app that you and your students can use to create, edit, and collaborate on slides and presentations. While Google Slides is fairly easy to use, it is helpful to know some basic features and tips so that you can readily begin creating and collaborating. Join Dr. Jayme Linton as she provides a step-by-step guide to creating and working with Google Slides, including how to use a theme, apply a layout, and add slides. In addition, she will show how to add and format text boxes, insert graphics, change transitions, and more. Jayme will also explain how to share Slides so that you and your students can begin using this awesome collaborative tool.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Saturday, January 14, 2017 @ 2:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, Google Basics
Tags: collaboration, Google, Google Slides, graphics, layouts, presentations, text boxes, themes, transitions

Reviews (15)

good presentation without so much info that I feel like I have just gotten lost in a tornado. Thanks.
+2

Thanks for your great tips!
+10

Great info. Thanks!
+4

This is very helpful. Thank you for sharing this.

Very useful, thank you!

Great tips thanks so much! I am a UNCG middle grades ED grad!

Useful but it would be good to have access to the actual presentation slides as they are not able to be clearly read in this format and using the titanpad link does not work.

Extremely helpful.
+1

Thank you for the great directions and ideas that show how to use this in the classroom, etc.
Basic Member

Great info.
I love at NCTIES where they have a combined Presentation for everyone to put their notes/links.
Fellow UNCG graduate :-) You are not far from me.
more reviews ...