Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Twitter 101: Using Twitter Chats and Hashtags to Learn and Collaborate

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Would you like to reap the benefits of learning on Twitter? Have you ever seen or heard of people taking part in Twitter chats, or wanted to join a chat but didn't know how? Join Steven W. Anderson, co-creator of #edchat, as he explains how Twitter chats and EdChats work, how you can participate, why you should participate, and how they can help you become a better educator. In addition to sharing some tips and tricks for getting more out of chats, Steven will also explain what hashtags are and how they can open up a world of possibilities for learning and professional growth.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 @ 2:30 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, Personal Enrichment, Social Media
Tags: Administrator Resources, Collaboration, Communication, hashtags, Personal Enrichment, PLNs, Social Media, social networking, Twitter

Reviews (29)

Great info on communication/connecting/educating parents and educators on Twitter. I honestly didn't know one could organize threads.

Good info!

thumbs up

I wanted to learn how to use twitter for our school and to inform parents.
Basic Member
+2

Great presentation! Hashtags thorouhgly demystified in a very pleasant way! Thanks!
+10

This was so helpful!!!
Basic Member

Trying to get on the Twitter wagon!

Twitter is a great way to communicate and educate parents.

Great presentation on using Twitter to connect to others.

I use Twitter nearly everyday to communicate with my students. I use it for announcement purposes only (updates about schedules/etc...).
more reviews ...