Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

A Blog, a Quad, and a Leap Around the World

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

Have you ever wondered if blogging with your students could make an impact? What if they could reach out to thousands around the globe? Join David Mitchell as he shares the impact that he and his school have found with a blogging project that was featured live on BBC1 last year. David will showcase examples from his successful project "'QuadBlogging" and will outline how to get involved and join 50,000 pupils from 1,500 classes in 35 countries. He will share examples of posts that made it around the world and back again with interest resulting in transformation of learners' attitudes.

Time permitting, David will also share some powerful posts from the World's Biggest Blogging Project "" which opened a stripped down blog to the global public for one day only resulting in 12,000 posts and over 400,000 hits from 120 countries.

Subject: General
Last aired on: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 @ 4:30 PM EDT
Duration: 1 hour
Credit Hours: 1
Categories: Blogging, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: blog, blogging, global connections, international connections , quad blog, Tools for 21st Century Student Projects

Reviews (12)

Although this webinar was hard to hear at times, stick with it because its worth it.
Excellent information about blogging and it's impact on students in and beyond the classroom.
Basic Member
Great information. He gave specific examples of how to make blogging more meaningful for students.
Basic Member
Could listen to him all the accent! The information and resources were pretty good, too. :)
Fanatic webinar! This is a long one but packed with great info including learning stats and applications!
As a world language teacher I found these examples to be extremely relevant. I'm going to look into these resources to try to provide my students with the opportunity to communicate in Spanish with an authentic audience. Thank you!
I love collaborative learning. Thanks for this sharing!
Basic Member
Excellent information!
This was fantastic!
Very inspiring tale of how blogging in a class can be life changing.
more reviews ...