Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Getting to Know Creative Coding Through Games and Apps (CCGA)

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Free
Access Now

Overview

Would you like to introduce coding to your students in late-middle school to early secondary grades? If you are considering bringing computer science into your classroom - whether you have a few weeks or a full semester to engage students with fun coding - "Creative Coding Through Games and Apps" (CCGA) could be just what you're looking for! Join Lisa Simmons as she provides an overview of the CCGA curriculum, which introduces programming concepts in a manner that will excite and engage. Best of all - no prior experience is required! The CCGA self-paced, online training tools, lesson plans, and more are publicly available and free!

This webinar has been brought to you by Microsoft. Find more information about using CCGA in your classroom at http://aka.ms/CCGA_SK12.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Microsoft, Sponsored, STEM
Tags: CCGA, coding, games and apps, programming, TouchDevelop

Reviews (28)

Basic Member

I really liked this webinar. I had never heard of Creative Coding through Games and Apps. Our county are wanting the schools to introduce coding, but many of us have never worked with coding. This would be great for helping the teachers with no background knowledge.

informative and presenter took time to explain things well
Basic Member

Enjoyed finding out more about coding!
Basic Member
+2

Effective training games which will amplify students motivation and encourage their thinking skills.

I'm glad to hear that you can access this through Chrome.
Basic Member
+1

Very effective way to get students involved in learning..
Basic Member

Effective training games. That will Enhance students motivation and encourage their thinking skills.
+1

Lots of new ideas for me.
+6

Great information!
Basic Member
+3

Excellent presentation
more reviews ...