Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Teaching in a Culturally Diverse Classroom

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Today's classroom is full of students with diverse cultures, experiences, and traditions. Culturally Responsive Teaching (CRT) is a pedagogy, which supports a student-centered classroom where the curriculum allows a celebration of all our students' culture and diversity. In this webinar, Shelly Sanchez Terrell will introduce the 7 principles of CRT and show practical ways to integrate this in the classroom. She will also introduce you to web tools to help bring in cultural diversity and connect with the parents of all students, including language learners.

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: ESL/ELL, Learning Theories & Strategies, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: communication with parents, CRT, cultural diversity, culture, ELL, ESL, language learners, RTI

Reviews (33)

Thank you for introducing me to so many web tools and practical ways to use them.

I loved all the information, Thanks
+10

Great information! Thanks!

Great ideas to put in place next year! Just signed up for epals.com!

Thank you for all of this!
Basic Member

The ideas are plentiful. Thanks for bringing such awareness.

Good ideas

I often have students from different cultures and I always try to meet their cultural needs academically and socially. This was just a reminder of what can be done. Awesome!

Good ideas for using Remind and Google Translator with students and parents.

Thank you for sharing many websites to use to help parents and students that are English Language Learners.
more reviews ...