Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Creating a Classroom Community with Minecraft

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Free
Access Now

Overview

Minecraft is so much more than an entertaining computer game. It can be used to cultivate and promote valuable skills that students need to succeed in school and beyond. Join Douglas Kiang as the shares how Minecraft can be used in the classroom to build critical thinking skills, promote ethical behavior, and provide robust opportunities for creativity, problem solving, and innovative thinking. But most of all, Minecraft is a great tool to create a sense of community and collaboration in the classroom.

This webinar has been brought to you by the Minecraft Education Team. For more information on using Minecraft: Education Edition, visit our site at http://education.minecraft.net .

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, Game-based Learning , Microsoft, Sponsored, Tools for Student Projects, Virtual Learning
Tags: collaboration, communication, community, creativity, critical thinking, Minecraft, problem solving

Reviews (9)

Very engaging, Thank you!

I love the concept and all it's uses; but we do not have Windows 10.

This was an excellent webinar. Thank you Mr. Kiang!
+2

Very engaging webinar!

Thank you for the resource, https://education.minecraft.net/

I found the following statement to be very powerful : "Teach something with Minecraft - give challenges, not recipies, this is what it should look like when it's done."

Great view on how to use this in the class. He brought up so much more than I ever thought of.

This is a great idea. I would love to be able to use this in my classroom, however we have not (and according to IT have no plans to) moved up to Win10.

That was very helpful!

Great job!

Really awesome!!
more reviews ...