Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Literacy Strategies for Gifted Readers

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Do you ever find it challenging to keep your advanced and gifted readers engaged and excited about reading materials, assignments, and goals? Join Dr. Vicki Caruana as she discusses the unique characteristics and needs of advanced and gifted readers and explains how teachers can engage accelerated readers at their levels with helpful strategies and ideas. She will explore several myths and truths about gifted readers, as well as ways to meet accelerated reading program goals. Vicki will also offers way in which you can differentiate learning for the advanced and gifted readers for whom you still need to show growth.

Details

Subject: Language Arts
Last aired on: Thursday, September 8, 2016 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Learning Theories & Strategies, Reading & Writing, Special Education
Tags: accelerated readers, advanced readers, gifted, reading, reading strategies

Reviews (24)

+1

Thanks for the great info on gifted readers!

There was a lot of information and tips in the webinar.

It is such a great reminder that gifted students are not all the same and we need to utilize and create strategies that work for each learner (gifted or not)
+1

refreshing reminder that all kids need to be taught and met where they are including gifted kids. literature circles are a fave of mine and doing Paideia seminars.
Basic Member

Great information!
Basic Member

Thank you, Vicki. This info will help me to help my students.

This is great! All students deserve reading instruction at their level.

I enjoyed your presentation. Very informative and great suggestions to enhance our GT students learning!

Great information thanks

Many great ideas. Thank you!
more reviews ...