Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Managing the Cheating Issue

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

As more and more schools embrace technology, such as Chromebooks and Google apps, it becomes increasingly important for teachers and schools to address the issue of cheating and academic integrity in a variety of ways. In this webinar, join Deb Norton as she looks at some innovative ways to address possible cheating issues. She will discuss non-technology options, as well as technology-based tools and resources that can be proactive in preventing plagiarism and cheating. Deb will also focus on changing how we assess students and share strategies that can deter students from attempting to cheat.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Saturday, May 6, 2017 @ 11:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Assessment & Review , Counseling, Digital Citizenship, Google Chromebooks
Tags: academic integrity, cheating issues, cheating prevention, plagiarism

Reviews (51)

good info

Wonderful information, which I'm sure to use!

Lots of great tools and advice.
Basic Member

Very informative!

Solid insights, please be mindful of the pace so we can follow.

Very informative. Particularly the Google Forms discussion.
+4

Good and usable ideas to manage the thought of cheating.

Making students aware of these programs ahead of time could greatly reduce cheating.
+8

Great presentation.

I like how this webinar stressed the importance of sharing with the students all the different ways that the teacher can review work to determine if academic honesty exists or does not exist. I believe this will encourage students to develop the habit of being academically honest.
more reviews ...