Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Classroom Management Tips for Kids and Adolescents

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Teaching children and adolescents is incredibly rewarding when you can manage the classroom. A well-managed classroom not only leads to better student and teacher relationships, but also enhances the learning by reducing distractions and allowing more time for instruction and quality exploration. In this webinar, join Shelly Sanchez Terrell as she provides tips and strategies for managing a room full of young learners so that teachers can keep their sanity and meaningful learning can take place.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, August 2, 2016 @ 10:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: behavior, classroom management, managing students, reducing distractions

Reviews (28)

I like the idea of reflecting on their own behavior and strategizing for ideas to improve. Thanks for the advice and ideas.

Part of my duties is lunchroom control for k-8. The 14 yr olds can be worse than the 5 yr olds. I like them idea of movement and positive reinforcement rather than punishment. Positive attitude is also huge!

I liked the hands on learning ideas and making rules together as a class. Students will reflect on their own behavior. Also liked the closing activity and taking a break to do something calming. There was a lot of good advice! I liked the Credley free app to get badges

lots of very good advice - I have watched many of Shelly's videos before and while she gives great advice, I find that her pronunciation is often off and it confuses me for a second before I can figure out what she's said.

It made me want to vary my daily activities more.

Interesting information that was geared for the elementary teacher, However, some ideas would work for high school as well.
+3

Good ideas.
+10

Great info! Thanks!

Very useful suggestions. Thank you!

Great ideas to incorporate into management style.
more reviews ...