Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Using Digital Portfolios to Document Growth, Demonstrate Knowledge, and More!

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Digital portfolios are a great way for learners of all ages to document and demonstrate knowledge and growth. Join Nikki D. Robertson as she explores ways in which digital portfolios can be critical and powerful educational components that grow and develop with students throughout their lifetimes. She will show how digital portfolios allow for alternative grading, self-reflection, and so much more! Come discover how you can begin using digital portfolios in your school, and how they are suitable for all ages and learners, from kindergarteners to YOU!

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 @ 10:00 AM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: College & Career Readiness, Digital Media, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: digital portfolios, eportfolios, self-reflection, student portfolios, student projects

Reviews (11)

I'm glad I was watching on demand, as she went very quickly through each part. A good intro to what eportfolios are and can look like.

Thank you for the resources!
+2

Awesome resource!Awesome resource!Awesome resource!
+1

What a great idea to get started with upper elementary, so they can keep building on their own portfolio. I also love the idea of incorporating this into IEP meetings, for students to share as part of their transition plan.

Digital portfolios are presented as a great way for all learners to show their knowledge.

I liked the concepts of the digital portfolios and appreciated how she connected it to using it for early education students as well. I like the digital footprint. Start students early!

Thank you for sharing an excellent overview on digital portfolios as well as the resources you shared to get started.

Excellent presentation of digital portfolios. Thanks for the added resources.
Basic Member

This was a great presentation on the four important steps on how to get students to create a portfolio.
+2

Awesome! Thank you for a VERY informative presentation!!!
more reviews ...