Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Using iPads for Executive Functioning: Help All Students Plan, Focus, Manage Tasks, and More!

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Executive functioning refers to the skills that enable us to plan, focus our attention, remember instructions, and manage multiple tasks successfully in order to accomplish a goal. Although these skills are key to success in school and throughout life, they are seldom taught to students. Join Dr. Luis Perez as he discusses a number of built-in features of the iPad that can help all students focus and stay on task. In addition to showing how these features can assist, Luis will share a variety of apps for helping students keep track of time, stay organized, take good notes and more.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Monday, June 13, 2016 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: iPads, Mobile Learning Intermediate , Organizational & Time-saving Tools, Response to Intervention (RTI), Special Education
Tags: executive functioning, managing tasks, mobile learning, note taking, staying on task, student organization

Reviews (14)

The timers are invaluable to students. When my children were in elementary school, I would set a timer in the morning for 5 minutes before we needed to leave the house. It was a better reminder than me nagging them and it taught them responsibility.
Basic Member

Great suggestions for a few apps to help kids and teachers stay on task!

Very well done!

Very informative. I will be trying out the guided access feature of the iPad with my students.

Thank you Luis. I am getting more and more students that need help with executive functioning. Your information was helpful.

Thank you Luis. I am getting more and more students that need help with executive functioning. Your information is very helpful.
+2

Awesome Resource.
Basic Member

Good tips on getting organized with technology.

Great apps not only for students but adults as well. The visual schedule and timer apps might be beneficial to the autistic population. Thank you.
Basic Member

A good way to go in the classroom if you have the tools.
more reviews ...