Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Using Social Stories to Improve Behavior, Social Skills, and More!

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Would you like to help your students learn how to behave or cope in certain situations? Have you ever heard of or tried social stories? Social stories were developed originally for those with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), but can be used with all students to help alleviate behavioral issues, improve social skills, and more. Join Melissa Mann as she shares what a social story is, as well as why and when to use them. In addition, she will discuss how to create social stories and provide tips for using them.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 @ 5:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Response to Intervention (RTI), Special Education
Tags: ASD, Autisim Spectrum Disorder, Autism, behavior, behavioral issues, social stories, special education, SPED

Reviews (27)

Thank you for sharing the resources! I know I will be going back to them a lot this year.

Again Melissa comes through with great ideas. I use a lot of this type stuff teaching my Kindergartener especially at the beginning of the school year. By doing this, I can also help sort out those that need additional assistance and help them to learn to read situations better. Social Stories are awesome!
+3

I enjoyed watching most of it.....the video stop playing at 28 minutes :(

Thank you l
+2

Thanks!
+4

I'm so grateful for all of these resources! Thank you!!
Limited Access Member

Thank you so much I have been struggling with an Autistic child. I did went to Pin rest and I did some of the social stories but I was lost in finding more resources and how to use them. Thank you this webinier was a great staring point.

As a new teacher, information on quite a few websites and resources were given. Going to check them out.

Helpful suggestions for using social stories to tea h students how to cope and behave in social situations.

Great info. Thanks Melissa.
more reviews ...