Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Why PD Stinks

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Do you sometimes dread the on-site professional development sessions offered by your school or district? Or do you simply attend them without much interest? Join Valerie Lewis as she offers some suggestions as to why teachers have turned their backs on professional development sessions and how administrators have played a role in squashing teachers' enthusiasm. She will also offer several tips and suggestions for both administrators and teachers on how they can come to some resolution, improve PD, and fall in love with teaching again.

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Thursday, January 28, 2016 @ 4:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Administrator Resources, Communication & Collaboration, Personal Enrichment
Tags: admin resources, PD, personal enrichment, professional development

Reviews (22)

I found this webinar somewhat negative and kind of depressing. The focus was more on the problems that on solutions.

Good points

Any suggestions for teachers wanting to take on a more administrative role? Other than becoming chair of a department and speaking with administration directly? I think my school could really benefit from having an administrator who deals solely with professional development for teachers.

Great presentation.
+1

I agree how PD should be a two-way road...Iíll admit Iím one of those teachers grading papers during most PD events in my district.

Great pep talk for MANY situations!

Great Webinar - I am glad my district uses Personalized Learning and not PD
+2

Kudos to you for a great presentation.
I really like the tips and suggestions for us educators on how we can come to some resolution, improve PD, and fall in love with teaching again. I will be exploring voxer.

Teaching is a tough profession and it's easy to become jaded. You give a great pep talk on how to stay connected and engaged in learning. We need to have a hand in our own professional development and personal learning. Thanks.

Great presentation on the importance of administrators and teachers working together to make decisions so that all benefit. It is very important that teachers speak up and have a voice.
more reviews ...