Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Tips and Tricks to Building an ePortfolio

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

In our ever-changing, digital world, it is becoming more and more important that teachers and students create electronic portfolios, or ePortfolios, to showcase their skills and the work that they have done. In this webinar, you will learn how to effectively communicate your skills and market yourself to the world through building a world-class ePortfolio. We will show you how to brainstorm and develop a framework for an ongoing professional portfolio to be used as a showcase for practice and career advancement.

We will discuss a variety of Web-based tools that can be used, and will demonstrate primarily with a free Web 2.0 application called Wordpress. We will share some sample portfolios and show you how to create a framework for building professional portfolios for educators and students of all levels.

You will walk away from this webinar with:

• An understanding of the importance of developing an ePortfoloio.
  • Ideas for developing your own ePortfolio.
  • Suggestions and examples of what to include in your ePortfolio.
  • A framework for building professional portfolios for educators and students.

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Wednesday, August 8, 2012 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 1 hour
Credit Hours: 1
Categories: Administrator Resources, Digital Media, Personal Enrichment, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: Administrator Resources, blog, content management, Digital Media, e-porfolio, Personal Enrichment, porfolio, publishing platform, Tools for 21st Century Student Projects, website, Website Creation, WordPress

Reviews (12)

Basic Member
Thank you so much for sharing! I never realized the importance of having a strong eportfolio.
Great info. Thank you so much as ePortfolios are of great importance.
Basic Member
Wow! This was really great. I would love to have my 12th grade students build an ePortfolio. I feel like I should create an ePortfolio as a sample, first, to go through the process. But, I have to admit, I am a little scared. This is new territory for me.
Great tips and tricks! thank you for sharing with us.
Basic Member
This was a great refresher course for Wordpress.
Basic Member
Since I'm new at anything technological, I had a hard time following, but I'm inspired to try now! Thanks for the info.
Basic Member
Lots of really helpful information. It would be really great to put this into a part 1 and part 2 format with 2 webinars. It got rushed toward the end. I know there was a lot more that could have been shown!
Basic Member
Informative-like the idea of using a personal portfolio to highlight great things that we have done as teachers. Sometimes we forget or it just goes back in the filing cabinet.
Very Informative!
Basic Member
Found this webinar to be very interesting and informative! I am excited to be able to put together an eportfolio now. :)
more reviews ...