Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

MakerSpaces: Letting Genius Shine!

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

A makerspace is a place where students can gather to create, invent, tinker, explore and discover using a variety of tools and materials. Join Nikki Robertson as she introduces you to a variety of makerspace tools and shares how other educators have established makerspaces in their schools. She will provide tips and suggestions that you can use to create a makerspace in your school that will let your students' genius shine!

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 @ 5:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, STEM, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: creativity, makerspaces, STEM, student projects

Reviews (37)

This webinar by Nikki Robertson is very informative and beneficial for those wanting more information regarding Makerspaces. Her attitude about utilizing Makerspaces at all levels of public and private K-12education is great! I thoroughly enjoyed the webinar. Thanks so much!
+5

Love the idea of a maker space. What a unique, engaging approach to STEM that is intrinsically motivating!
+1

Nikki was very informative. She really helped me to understand why MakerSpaces fit in with the way students are being taught in our school, using Personalized Learning. Blended Learning showed through with the Coding, the CORE 4 showed through with the students making, evaluating, and recreating to make things better, to fit their personality, showed in her discussion. Overall, I really enjoyed what she presented and learned alot.
Basic Member

Very interesting and something I'm going to try out in my classroom!

Some great ideas to get started and sustain a makerspace.

Lots of great take-aways from this webinar!
Basic Member
+1

Great webinar
Basic Member

Very interesting concept and resources, especially about Makerspaces.
+1

Great info. Maker Space in my elementary school. Our kids love it!

Great advice & tips!
more reviews ...