Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Assistive Technologies for Students Diagnosed with Communication Disorders

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

There are many different types of assistive technologies and augmentative and alternative communication devices available for students who have been diagnosed with communication disorders. Join Samantha Fecich as she discusses several sites, apps, and tools that you can use online and on your mobile devices with students who have communication disorders. She will also cover some strategies to incorporate these sites and apps in your classroom or speech therapy session.

Details

Subject: Special Education
Last aired on: Monday, June 13, 2016 @ 12:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, Response to Intervention (RTI), Special Education
Tags: apps, communication tools, online, Response to Intervention (RTI), special education, tools, websites

Reviews (40)

lots of good suggestions. very good
+1

Thanks Samantha. My wife is an SLP and I've heard her mention many of these technologies. I have yet to have a Physics kid show up with one, but I'd have good background information now.
Basic Member

Very informative.
Basic Member

Great webinar for Special Educators
Basic Member
+1

This isa great webinar for Special Educators
Basic Member

I like that it was clear details given along with examples on all the resources shown, These will be very useful for all children.
+1

Good resources.
Basic Member

good resources foe special education.
Basic Member

Dr. Sam brought some great ideas for assistive tech to the plate. I had a student who used a board before. It made a world of communication difference for him. I also had a blind girl who used Braille overlay on a computer keyboard. She was becoming a fairly proficient typist as well. It is wonderful to have tools that help make life better for all.
Basic Member

This was very helpful for working with special education. Thanks
more reviews ...