Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Strategies and Apps to Manage Mobile Devices and Student Usage

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Classroom management is a difficult skill to master, even if you don't have mobile devices. Adding tablets and other mobile devices to the mix - whether it's a few devices or one for every student - can really throw off the rhythm of a classroom. Join Lauren Boucher as she shares some specific strategies you can use to help manage a classroom that incorporates mobile devices. In addition, she will cover some apps that will help make the transition to a blended classroom easier.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Tuesday, August 2, 2016 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Blended Learning, Classroom Management, iPads, Mobile Learning Basics
Tags: classroom management, device management, mobile learning

Reviews (16)

Basic Member

Chock-full! I have a full set of new iPads but have to manage them myself...ugh! This was incredibly helpful.
+10

Great info. Thanks!

Thank you!
+2

Awesome resource!

Excellent, particularly for a school or for a group of teachers when the decision has been made to purchase the technology. Many things to review, think about, and come together as a school. And, goes further with info about apps and how those decision made at the beginning impact the day-to-day active use of the technology.
Basic Member

Helpful strategies that can be used to manage classrooms with multiple mobile devices.
Basic Member

Very informative

Loved all the details as far as how to manage the devices.
Basic Member

I like nearpod in the college classroom because it does control or lock down my students as well as automatically grading and taking attendance...and it is free for my students!

Our school currently went 1:1 this year with chromebooks. Our administration sets the guidelines for most of the information that was presented but I thought this was an awesome webinar that I will pass on to them.
more reviews ...