Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Helping Your Students Learn to be Digitally Responsible

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

It only takes a few seconds to post a picture, tweet, video, or comment online, but how often do our students stop to consider the consequences of their actions? How often have you heard accounts of how a thoughtless, rude, or inappropriate post has led to unfortunate or serious consequences? Join Jerry Swiatek as he shares how educators can help their students learn to be digitally responsible online. In addition to covering why it's important, he will discuss some of the types of transgressions students make on various types of social media and how their actions can affect them not only now, but in the future. Jerry will share some suggestions and resources that you can use to help show them how to be digitally responsible.

SPONSOR: This webinar is brought to you by Certiport, a Pearson VUE business. For information on Certiport and IC3, please visit .

Subject: Citizenship
Last aired on: Thursday, November 12, 2015 @ 4:00 PM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Digital Citizenship, Social Media
Tags: digital citizenship, digitally responsible, inappropriate posts, online safety, social media

Reviews (12)

Great insight and reminders
Great presentation. A topic that all teachers should know, but often need to be reminded of the importance. It is up to us to help teach digital citizenship! I plan to add this to my beginning of year activities as a reminder to students to open up that conversation you mentioned.

Once again, good points and great presentation.
I feel that many teachers first response is to ban the technology, rather than to learn how to use the technology.
Once again Jerry does not disappoint. Good information!
Thank you! Somethings to be mindful of!
Basic Member
Basic Member
Thanks for sharing
Wonderful P.D.! Thank you for sharing:)
Thank you for a wonderful webinar!
more reviews ...