Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS): An Intro and Overview

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Buy Now

How frequently do negative behaviors interrupt learning in your classroom? What if you could take a proactive approach that would help to reduce these behaviors before they happen? Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports, or PBIS, are strategies for teaching and implementing positive supports and behaviors that contribute to social, emotional, and academic well-being. Join Melissa Mann as she shares an overview of what PBIS is and why it's important. She will cover what it may look like in a classroom and describe a tiered intervention approach for implementing PBIS.

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Thursday, October 8, 2015 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Learning Theories & Strategies, Response to Intervention (RTI)
Tags: behavior, PBIS, SEL, social and emotional well-being, tiered intervention

Reviews (16)

Thank you for the information and potential resources.
Some great information.
Thank you for the resources. PBIS is much more comprehensive than I had originally thought. I understand better why everyone being on the same page is important.
Wonderful synopsis!
Good overview of PBIS. Nice collection of resources. I can't open the shared resources PPT file. It is reporting a problem with the file. Could you please check it?
Thank you.
PBIS here I come
Thank You that was so helpful. I am going to explore the PBIS site after I log off.
Thanks for the info and resources. ^^"
I have recently been added to the PBIS team at our school. Your webinar gave me some great background knowledge on what PBIS entails.
more reviews ...