Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Minecraft: Will It Really Impact Student Learning?

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Access Now

Minecraft is everywhere and students love it. Everyone is talking about it and lots of educators "seem" to be using it in their classrooms. Join Aaron Mauer as he explores how Minecraft can provide a powerful approach to learning in your classroom. He will explore some key ideas about Minecraft, provide sample project ideas, and take time for Q and A so that you can take the next steps towards experimenting with this addictive world of blocks and building. The focus will be on learning and instruction in the classroom with Minecraft and not a how-to-play guide.

This webinar has been brought to you by Microsoft. Learn more about using Minecraft in Education at

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Microsoft, Sponsored, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: gaming, Minecraft, student engagement

Reviews (9)

I really enjoyed your webinar. Thank you for sharing:)
Basic Member
Thanks you!
My 7th grader just listened to this with me!
Basic Member
I loved that you shared the responses from the students. As an educator who has used Minecraft embedded into the curriculum, it is important for teachers to understand the passion that the students have for Minecraft and the emotional connections that it creates for the students. Well done!
Magnificent! Thank you.
I really didn't know much about this topic. Aaron did a great job and gave great ideas about using Minecraft. Thank you!
Interesting concept. I like how you stressed to incorporate technology with meaning and not just because it's technology. I also liked the feedback from the children.
more reviews ...