Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Teacher Zen: Ways to Prepare Yourself for Your Best Year Yet!

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

While the prospect of facing new learners can be exciting, beginning a new year or new semester can also be rather stressful. Careful preparation goes a long way in determining the success of our time with these new learners. In this session, Shelly Terrell will provide tips and resources to ensure you make a positive impact on your learners and help them to achieve their learning goals. Shelly will share tips and suggestions designed to improve relationships with learners and their parents right from the start. Come discover resources that will help you and your students throughout the school year.

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 @ 1:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Communication & Collaboration, Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: beginnings, communication, new semester, new year, student success

Reviews (43)

Great! I've always heard that if you aren't prepared to teach, you are prepared to fail. Thank you for the wonderful information.
Basic Member
+7

ok review of things that we mostly know, but it's not a bad idea to hear them again.

Very good !
+2

Always love your ideas! Thanks!
+4

Love these ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Great ideas! Looking forward to a great year.

Good ideas. I went on to view several of her other resources which I found to also be helpful.
Basic Member

We just recently did a Kagan prof. development. The team building reminds me of that.

Thank you so much. I agree that building student relationships are important. At the beginning of the day, I do a custom greeting (fist bump, high five, hug, etc.) for each of my students. Thanks for adding to my toolkit.
+8

Wonderful motivational presentation!
more reviews ...