Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Using Google Hangouts to Connect Student Learning

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Real-world connections provide students immediate, relevant reasons to learn, other than the fact that you've given them an assignment and they will get a grade on it. This webinar will show how you can easily connect students to the real world and collaborate with the free video chat resource, Google Hangouts. Join Nikki D Robertson as she shares how you can use Google Hangouts to work on collaborative projects with students in other parts of your state, country, or the world, as well as connect with experts that can relate real-world applications to what students are learning in your classroom. Discover how you can help your students connect!

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Saturday, June 11, 2016 @ 12:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Communication & Collaboration, Google, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: collaboration, Google hangouts, relevance, video chat

Reviews (15)

Very detailed and organized presentation.

Super explanation of student collaboration and cooperation possibilities.
+1

Awesome presentation! Well organized!
Basic Member

I liked and will begin to use the Google Hand-outs and the Genius Bar with my students. I live in Northern Indiana, so we have lots of snow. Great ideas for e-learning days when we have snow days or late starts.

Lost of information for the digital immigrant! I will be brave and try the Google Hangouts with students. We use interactive webinars for larger groups but this will be a good addition to our program for smaller groups or individual help sessions.

Thank youreal world connections!

great information. Thank you!
+7

Great resources and ideas.
Basic Member

I will recommend this to my co-workers.

thank you! Very informative information!
more reviews ...