Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

The Power of the Pen: Digital Inking, Wireless Projection, and More with Surface in the Classroom

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
Free
Access Now

Overview

Interfaces prompt different styles of learning - or seriously undermine them. Learn how Surface brings all the best tools for teaching and learning together in one device - the full power of a laptop in a lightweight touchscreen tablet form with best-in-class digital inking capabilities. Join Jacqueline Russell as she explains how pen interfaces have cognitive advantages for students, allowing them to explore, think, express, collaborate, and record. Come discover how Surface is replacing pen and paper in the classroom.

This webinar has been brought to you by Microsoft. Learn more about Microsoft Surface at http://www.surface.com/education.

Details

Subject: ICT
Last aired on: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Microsoft, Mobile Learning, Sponsored
Tags: collaboration, Microsoft, Surface, tablets, touchscreen

Reviews (5)

Thanks
Basic Member
+1

Good information. I really appreciated the inclusion of the digital whitepapers. I research all my suggestions ahead of time before I present them to the administration and having solid research to refer to always add credence to my request. Thanks!
+3

Good information about Surface that I didn't know. Good presenter as well!
+10

Thanks for the Microsoft info. I am excited to share this with colleagues.
+8

I really wish Microsoft had rolled out their education stuff sooner. As much as I love the features of the Surface, I'm not sure that I can convince my principal to purchase any Surface devices in light of the fact that we just got a ton of Chromebooks to go with the districts GAFE initiative. That being said, if I get gifted Surfaces by some angelic benefactor, I would love to try all the suggestions listed in this excellent webinar. Thank you!
more reviews ...