Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Energize Your Classroom and Empower Students on Back-to-School Night

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

On Back-to-School night, do you find yourself answering the same questions over and over from a waiting line of parents, such as "How is my child doing" or "Is he or she well behaved?" Do you often feel a bit rushed to get to the next parent in line? Join Reba Gordon Matthews as she discusses strategies for turning Back-to-School night into an engaging, informative evening for your families. Reba will share how she uses student-led tours to let parents actively experience how learning happens through their child's eyes. She will show how these tours can be used to give parents a comprehensive view of your classroom, provide insight into their child's academic abilities, and communicate your expectations. Come discover how these student-led parent tours can quickly launch the parent-teacher relationship and send your parents off with a smile and a wealth of information.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015 @ 12:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Communication & Collaboration
Tags: Back-to-school, communication, open house, parental communication, parents

Reviews (22)

Love the student led tours. Thank you!
+2

This is useful. Thanks!

Good additional ideas to help support Open House

Great ideas! Thank you!
Basic Member

Great presentation.

Great presentations. Makes me really rethink my standard open house.

Many great suggestions about ways to engage parents and students during a back to school night. She also had suggestions to increase student and parent attendance
Basic Member
+3

Great ideas for parent-teacher conferences...might help boost attendance!! :)

Absolutely incredible! I can tell by your presentation, Reba, that you are a master teacher and a blessing to both your students and their families.
Basic Member

Great ideas!!!!
more reviews ...