Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Redesign Your Classroom Learning Spaces and Make Room for Makerspaces

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Today's classroom learning environments are more important than ever before. Learning spaces need to invoke creativity and inspiration, as well as provide space to collaborate with one's peers - and makerspaces do just that! Join Naomi Harm as she walks you through design elements that can transform your classroom environment into a dynamic collaborative learning hub. Whether you are creating a makerspace in the corner of your classroom or a full-fledged library makerspace, she will showcase how to energize and balance the physical space. Naomi will cover a variety of design options and makerspace activities, such as digital creations with LED cards, game infused learning, circuit boards, coding app activities, and mobile device programmable robotics.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Thursday, August 6, 2015 @ 4:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Classroom Management, Communication & Collaboration, Learning Theories & Strategies, STEM
Tags: Learning spaces, makerspaces

Reviews (11)

Concrete ideas that are great for beginners.

Wonderful presentation with plenty of ideas.

Thank you very much!

Great ideas to get my STEM classroom going!

enjoyed it!

The google short link does NOT work, and where is the link to the titan pad?!?

Great resources and ideas! I am looking forward to helping my school get this started!
+2

Great resources and ideas for getting a makerpsace started in the classroom.
+10

Very beneficial presentation. Thank you.
+3

Fantastic ideas! Naomi's presentations are always great!
more reviews ...