Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Designing Learning Spaces for a Creative, Collaborative Future

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

New and flexible learning spaces are no longer classrooms that hold 30 students and 1 teacher in a fixed box style, single purpose room. Contemporary learning requires larger spaces and the combination of student groups with more than one teacher. They need to be places that provide space for a wide range of learning styles. From the front door, to the school grounds, to the teaching and learning environment, the aesthetics of learning spaces greatly impacts brain functionality and influences how students emotionally feel connected when they're in school. Join Naomi Harm as she explores how educational leaders and collaborative teams can design and create new learning spaces for the brain-targeted teaching classroom. Naomi will also share various collaboration activities that can be introduced in these new spaces using 1:1 technologies.

Details

Subject: Other
Last aired on: Thursday, August 6, 2015 @ 3:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Administrator Resources, Classroom Management, Communication & Collaboration
Tags: classroom spaces, collaboration, learning spaces

Reviews (15)

Innovative ideas to enhance student learning.

Ms. Harm was very professional and offered insightful information.
+2

Great ideas on how to change the classroom environment while taking into account the whole child. I enjoyed Naomi's presentation style and obvious dedication to meeting the needs of students.

This was an excellent webinar. Thank you!
Basic Member

I really enjoyed this webinar and thinking about different ways that I can change my classroom environment to help increase student learning.
Basic Member

Great information
+2

Thanks for the information.
+3

Naomi is so prepared for her presentations and has great style. Wonderful and important information in this webinar!
+10

Much needed new learning. Thanks.

Great webinar with tips for improving your classroom space. I'll have to come back to this one again in the future.
more reviews ...