Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Boys and Girls Learn Differently! Part 1**

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Have you ever heard the debate over whether boys and girls learn differently? Or perhaps you have thought that they learn differently, given what youíve experienced in the classroom, but wondered if you were imagining it.

Recent research conducted during the current "Golden Age of Neuroscience" provides scientific evidence that boys and girls do indeed think differently. This webinar will focus on the biological and physiological differences that exist between the male and the female brain, and how these differences manifest themselves in the classroom. Participants will gain new perspectives about their students, as well as themselves as teachers.

**The second webinar in this series, Boys and Girls Learn Differently! Part 2, covers an innovative set of strategies that can be applied to any curriculum to increase teacher effectiveness and improve student performance - whether the students are boys or girls.

Details

Subject: General
Last aired on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 @ 2:00 PM EST
Duration: 1 hour
Credit Hours: 1
Categories: Classroom Management, Counseling, Differentiated Learning, Learning Theories & Strategies
Tags: Classroom Management, Differentiated Learning, female, gender, Instructional Theories and Learning Strategies, learning styles, male, students

Reviews (21)

Great insight as to the differences that we normally may not attribute to boys vs. girls. Thanks!

Lots of great information!!! Very fascinating!

I thought the information was very interesting. Surprising many of the information I found to be very typical of girls and boys learning.

Thank you for the interesting and helpful information.

Good information for any teacher, new or experienced, and a good reasons against gender-based classrooms.

I enjoyed hearing the differences in boys and girls. She is so right. I am also looking forward to part 2.

Years of teaching, this was right on and affirms many of my observations. Good information.
Basic Member
+6

Good information. I plan to listen to Part 2 where she will be sharing strategies.
Basic Member

Like any difference within the classroom, it is important for teachers to take into consideration possible learning differences caused by gender.
+1

Great information. It was interesting to learn the reasons we think and act the way we do!
more reviews ...