Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Some Amazing Mobile Apps that Changed How I Assess Students

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Do you ever struggle with trying to figure out how well your students grasp a particular concept - so that you know whether they've "got it" or if you need to provide additional reinforcement? Mobile devices such as iPads and other tablets are amazing teaching and learning tools, but did you also know that they also make it easy for students to show you what they know? In this webinar, Dr. Jayme Linton will discuss how tablets and mobile apps changed how she assesses students' learning, and show how you can use them to make student thinking visible. Jayme will focus on a few specific apps, including Socrative, VoiceThread, and some whiteboard apps, that can be used to assess student understanding and discuss some of the ways in which you can use these apps for assessment.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Saturday, November 12, 2016 @ 11:00 AM EST
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Assessment & Review , Mobile Learning
Tags: apps, assessments, iPads, mobile learning, Socrative, Voicethread

Reviews (39)

So much relevant information. This clears up a few questions for me.

Thanks for sharing ways to use Quizlet Live!

Great Information!!! Looking forward to using these apps and sites. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you ! Very informative!
+1

Whiteboard apps would make my school life so much better.
Additionally, Nearpod seems really cool. Sounds easy enough to bring students on board by means of teacher's code to join.
formative (https://goformative.com/) may be my new found favorite tool.
+5

Great! Thanks!

Thank you! Very formative to recap all these tools
+1

So good, will be using and sharing with my colleagues.

Soooo cool! I can't wait to try all of these apps and sites out but also to share them with my colleagues! Tx so much! Great webinar!

I really liked this webinar and the resources shared. The resources are an effective way to integrate instruction and assessment. I am excited to check out Nearpod.
more reviews ...