Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Assistive Technology for Students Diagnosed with Communication Disorders

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

There are many different types of assistive technologies and augmentative and alternative communication devices available for students who have been diagnosed with communication disorders. In this webinar, we will discuss several sites, apps, and tools that you can use online and on your mobile device with students who have communication disorders. This webinar will also examine some strategies to incorporate these sites and apps in your classroom or speech therapy session.

You will walk away from this webinar with:

• An understanding of some of the assistive technologies available for students with communication disorders.
  • Insight into various augmentative and alternative communication devices.
  • A list of sites, apps, and tools that you can use online or on mobile devices.
  • Strategies for incorporating these technologies.

Details

Subject: Special Education
Last aired on: Thursday, February 23, 2012 @ 4:00 PM EST
Duration: 1 hour
Credit Hours: 1
Categories: Response to Intervention (RTI), Special Education
Tags: apps, communication tools, online, Response to Intervention (RTI), special education, tools, websites

Reviews (19)

Limited Access Member

very valuable information It help me a lot my child is a down syndrome child.

Very valuable for Special Ed "people". It is long: 56 minutes and there are tech glitches making it hard to understand, Sam.

Lots of information!
+4

Excellent-thank you for the resources!
+3

3 3 bunny slippers. Samantha shared many free web resources for use with students who have augmentative and alternative communication needs. The audio quality of this webinar was poor. I was able to follow along with the slides because I have background knowledge of the material. For some reason this webinar is 56 minutes long.
Basic Member

Great ideas, but the sound quality was very poor.
Basic Member

Sound quality was very poor. Good websites to visit.
Basic Member

the sound quality was poor but great info
Basic Member

Many great websites mentioned. Audio was poor at times.
Basic Member

Great ideas for websites...
more reviews ...