Get the most out of the Teacher Learning Community. Sign in now. Not a member? Click here to get started for free!

Igniting Critical Thinking and Problem-solving through Tinkering Labs and Mobile Technologies

Preview Preview Preview Preview Preview
$27
Buy Now

Overview

Makerspaces and Coding are just two of the ingredients of a highly engaging learning lab that allows students to create, collaborate, and invent - while sparking authentic math, science, and literacy development. Join Jenna Linskens as she explores a variety of mobile applications and project ideas for use in your learning lab. She will explain how simple programming and coding can be used to ignite an inner engineering passion in students. Jenna will also discuss why play, tinkering, and building are essential elements to promote critical thinking, inquiry, and problem-solving in today's learning lab environment.

Details

Subject: Cross-curricular
Last aired on: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 @ 2:00 PM EDT
Duration: 30 minutes
Credit Hours: 0.5
Categories: Mobile Learning, STEM, Tools for Student Projects
Tags: coding, iPads, makerspaces, Mobile learning, STEM, tabliets, Tinkering lab

Reviews (14)

Jenna shared lots of great ideas for apps and web based activities. Thank you for sharing your knowledge in the excellent overview!

Lots of interactive tech tools for kids to use in creating projects! I love the still movie image, maze and the coding app. Very knowledgeable presenter.

My favorite website is the : http://www.crayola.com/splash/products/ where
students can color 2D pictures online then turn it into a 3D. Thank you for sharing it:)

Crayola color alive was so neat! Loved the free websites to include in a Makerspace.
Basic Member

Many ideas! It would be great to hear more about android compatible apps. Thank you so much for all the ideas!!

Good information. very useful.
Basic Member

The information was useful. The presenter was great, BUT she had a dog or something with a jangling chain in the background and the sound about drove me mad! If you are sensitive to noises, skip this webinar.
+10

Wonderful! I will share this with my fellow educators. Thanks.
+8

Very Informative with lots of great ideas! Thanks so much!

Igniting Critical Thinking and Problem-solving through Tinkering Labs and Mobile Technologies
more reviews ...